In the book “Organize Your Mind, Organize Your Life: Train Your Brain to Get More Done in Less Time” Distraction Crisis. Phones, computers, driving, media saturation and overall — life in our society. Anxiety and depression disorders have increased tenfold in the past 5 years. I selected some facts to share with you regarding this topic. This snippet shows only a fraction of how being disorganized in our minds negatively effects our behaviors. Remember to breathe and be mindful. Take time to take care of your brain and be present in the moment. Mind Organization is the key.
Here are the facts:
“Some other distressing distraction-related statistics:
- Forty-three percent of Americans categorize themselves as disorganized, and 21 percent have missed vital work deadlines. Nearly half say disorganization causes them to work late at least two times each week.
- A lack of time management and discipline while working toward [financial] planners’ professional goals contributes to 63 percent of those surveyed facing obstacles regarding their health. There is a direct correlation between too much stress, deteriorating health and poor practice management.
- Forty-eight percent of Americans feel that their lives have become more stressful in the past five years. About one-half of Americans say that stress has a negative impact on both their personal and professional lives. About one-third (31 percent) of employed adults have difficulty managing work and family responsibilities. And over one third (35 percent) cite jobs interfering with their family or personal time as a significant source of stress.
- In a Gallup poll, 80 percent of workers said they feel stress on the job, nearly half said they need help in learning how to manage stress and 42 percent said their coworkers need help coping with stress. Job stress can lead to several problems, including illness and injury for employees, as well as higher insurance costs and lost productivity for employers.
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 80 percent of our medical expenditures are now stress-related.5 Seventy percent of employees work beyond scheduled time and on weekends; more than half cited “self-imposed pressure” as the reason.”.
Those facts alone are stressful. Please take a few minutes to ponder how you can alter your behaviors to slow down the constant brain chatter and move into a more peaceful and less chaotic way of being with mind organization. Again, please feel free to send me any of your thoughts. The first 5 people who reply will get a free 1/2 hour Organizing phone or Skype consult.